Make your career connection at Cisco
Software Engineer - Layer 2 Tunnels (Metro Ethernet)
Cisco is always looking to identify talented people, especially Software Engineers. If you are reading this posting then we may not have an open job for this particular position right now, however it is highly likely we will in the future. If you are interested in working for Cisco in this capacity then please submit your details and CV or resume against this requisition so that when a suitable vacancy arises, a Cisco representative can contact you directly.
This position description is as follows:
Join the Tunnels and Transports team implementing Layer 2 VPN and Carrier Ethernet technologies which are an integral, highly modular components of Cisco IOS Software. Collaborate in efforts to move the software to a componentized single source model that will allow easy deployment of the L2VPN solution on many platforms and across multiple Operating Systems.
Participate on a project team of engineers involved in development of software for L2VPN and Carrier Ethernet technologies. Requirements are a strong background in software design, documentation and implementation, on projects that may include any of the following list of responsibilities:
· Assist Product Marketing in determining how to create features that meet customer requirements.
· Design applications involving multiple platforms.
· Design and develop new software product features.
· Define product internal/external application interfaces.
· Develop complex, multiple modules of code independently.
· Write complete functional and design specs independently.
· Write portions of product spec.
· Lead development of subsystems.
· Contribute to the development of project goals, schedules, and resource planning. Perform complex unit level tests.
· Interface with other functional groups (Test, Solutions Architects, Marketing etc.) Evaluate and recommend tools.
· Solve complex problems at the system level.
· Define product level test and simulation strategy.
· Participate in Cisco's Patent Program.
· Knowledge and prior implementation experience in the following areas would be considered a plus: IOS Development, Metro Ethernet (802.1ah, EVC), routing protocols (ISIS/OSPF), Ethernet L2 protocols, Ethernet OAM, Ethernet services and link layer, interworking with QoS, ACLs, VPN, OAM, and their applicability in a Metro Ethernet environment. As well as high availability and developing products for the Internet service provider marketplace
· Experience in developing software that can run on multiple real-time operating systems like QNX, VxWorks, IOS, pSOS and Linux Kernel is desirable.
· Experience with using GNU tools (gdb, gcc) and version control tools like, clearcase, svn, cvs is definitely a plus
· Typically requires BSEE/CS combined with 2-4+ years related experience, or MSEE/CS combined with 1-2 years of related experience
Cisco Systems is one of the most innovative companies in the high-technology industry. We hire highly talented individuals who will continue Cisco global leadership in delivering networking products and solutions that help customers achieve their business goals.
Are you seeking a rewarding career at a company that influences the way people work, live, play, and learn? Are you ready to make a difference in the lives of people at work and at play worldwide? To discover the possibilities at Cisco,start your job search here.
Please click "APPLY TO JOB" below and submit your application on the Cisco Careers site and reference Yahoo! Hotjobs and the Job ID Number.
Cisco Systems is committed to diversity. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.