Shape the future of digital storage
At Seagate, you’ll join a worldwide team of talented people collaborating to redefine what digital storage is and what it can be. Seagate leads the industry in research and development and our digital storage solutions allow people the freedom to access their content anytime, anywhere.
With almost 50,000 employees in 22 countries across Asia-Pacific, North America and Europe, we have an innovative global culture to help your career flourish. Plus, we offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package so you’re free to focus on developing the technology that will shape the 21st century. And if that’s not exciting enough, our unique, high-energy culture has received national attention. We’ve been listed as one of America’s Most Admired Companies in 2006 and 2007 by Fortune Magazine
- Manage software projects through all phases of development, from concept to final product shipment.
- Lead software development activities through concept, feasibility study, software design, user experience design, prototype, development, alpha, beta and final software release phases.
- Work with marketing, engineering management and software developers to define software products, features.
- Work with software developers, outside contractors/consultants, third party software partners to come up with software design and development schedule
- Work with software developers, SQA/validation, customer support, program management, and engineering management for successful completion of software projects.
- Follow professionally accepted software engineering techniques, practices and procedures.
- Establish operational objectives, work plans, project schedule, and help ensure that milestones are met by each of the cross functional teams.
- Create a teamwork environment, remove roadblocks and bottlenecks, and help make sure software development progresses smoothly.
- Establish best practices guidelines and help create an atmosphere to ensure best software development practices are observed.
- Strong experience in C, C++, Visual Studio, MFC development is required
- 8+ years experience including 2 years as a Software Lead.
- Cross functional team coordination skills
- Leadership and analytical skills
- Thorough knowledge of Windows operating system architecture. Familiarity with Mac and Linux a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- BS (MS preferred) Computer Engineering/Science or equivalent
- Familiarity of key technologies including SATA, USB, 1394 and SCSI interfaces is a plus
- Knowledge of software PLC and software development best practices is a plus
Become part of a team that produces state-of-the-art products and will keep you excited about your work. Work in a team environment where you will have the opportunity to share your knowledge and learn from some of the brightest minds in the storage business.
This is an exciting opportunity. Don’t hesitate. Please apply now by clicking the "Apply" button below.