WhiteBox Quality Engineer in the Adobe Core Technology organization. Primary responsibilities will include designing, developing, and deploying test tools and test code for C++ based font and type components. The candidate will also be responsible for regularly reporting on test progress and test coverage. The position involves working in a small, focused engineering team consisting of senior developers, black-box, and white-box quality engineers. The candidate will also work with other Core Technology component QE teams using consistent QE practices.
· BS in CS or related field and at least five years of industry experience
· Excellent coding skills and a passion for software quality
· Strong software design and development skills
· Ability to create and follow development plans and schedules
· Good problem solving abilities to quickly determine issues and provide solutions
· Demonstrated skills in working independently and collaboratively with software development teams
· Experience across Windows and Macintosh operating systems required (Unix experience a plus).
· Demonstrated C/C++ experience required. Java experience a plus.
· Knowledge of font technology highly desirable (Type 1, CFF, TrueType, OpenType, font rasterization, font metrics, etc).
· Excellent written and verbal skills