About our company, Headquartered in Troy, Michigan, USA, with offices throughout North America, Europe and Asia, Altair Engineering is a leading global product design, consulting and commercial software product company. Altair India is a fully owned subsidiary of Altair Engineering-USA. Altair India"s activities encompass (1) Software development for our MCAE suite of products - HyperWorks (2) Software development for our Grid computing framework PBS Professional™ (3) CAE consulting projects for various customers worldwide (4) International technical support of our software products (5) Marketing, sales and support of our MCAE and Grid computing solutions in India and ASEAN Headquartered in Bangalore, Altair-India provides you a refreshing, open and rewarding work environment, where you challenge yourself constantly, discover your potential and enrich your growth. At Altair we offer you a career full of possibilities and progress. Altair is looking for energetic and ambitious professionals, with a desire to excel, who like to think "outside the box" and who are driven to overcome challenges. For more details, please visit www.altair.com
About our product, PBS Professional™ (originated at NASA) www.pbspro.com is arguably the best workload manager and batch queuing solution for managing compute clusters, supercomputers and setting up Grid environments. PBS Professional efficiently manages diverse workloads across local and distributed Linux, UNIX and Windows-based HPC environments, maximizing hardware and software utilization and job turnaround efficiency
We are currently looking for Software Engineers/Senior Software Engineers to work on PBS Professional™. Please find Job details below. Do let us know your interest and we would then like to have a detailed discussion with you.
• Port sophisticated enterprise computing technology for the PBS Professional product based on customer-driven requirements.
• Identify and address porting issues with maximally portable solutions.
• Participate in the entire software development process, from requirements and use cases to shipping product
• Apply best practices in software engineering, delivering projects on time, on budget, and with good quality
• Keep abreast with the new releases of Operating Systems, compilers, libraries etc.
• “Roll up your sleeves” and do what needs doing
The perfect candidate will be a results-oriented person with the following required strengths:
• 3+ years’ experience developing system level, operating system dependent, commercial software in multi-platform environments
• Excellent communication and people skills; excellent time management and organizational skills
• Ability to be productive quickly in a new environment.
• Strong ability to analyze, debug and maintain the integrity of an existing code base
• Strong computer science background with systems-level knowledge in operating systems and networking
• Understanding of the software development process, including requirements, use cases, design, coding, documentation and testing of scalable, distributed applications in Windows and Linux/UNIX environments
Desirable but not necessary:
• Experience with cross-platform applications in C for a mix of UNIX, Linux and Microsoft Windows systems
• Experience using CVS, Perl, shell, tcl/tk, Java, Visual Studio, Installshield, MPI, OpenMP, python, Purify,FLEX and Web services
• Knowledge of distributed computing and Grids
• System administration skills for UNIX, Linux, and Windows in large corporate environments
• Experience with Grid software: PBS Professional, LSF, Sun Grid Engine, Load Leveler, NQS, NQE, GridMP, GridServer, Globus, Unicore, Condor, OpenPBS, DQS, others
Qualifications: BE / B Tech or M.C.A
Experience: 3-6 years
Location: Bangalore, India