WIN SDK Support Engineer with a Worlds leading MNC’s GTSC in Bangalore
The Support Engineer - Developer Support acts as the primary technical contact, and delivers advanced technical troubleshooting support and problem resolution for Corporate Customers, including issues escalated to the highest levels of Management. The candidate will provide technical support including product technical training to peers
As a Support Engineer, you will work directly with external developers (customers) who range from small software developers to Fortune 100 corporations. You will be a member of a dynamic team that solves the most challenging Windows programming problems. You will work with other engineers to debug, troubleshoot, write code, and create solutions. You will document solutions and work with product groups to improve our clients products.
· Efficiently analyze customer problems in supported technologies and develop solutions to meet customer needs. This will involve debugging, troubleshooting, writing external code, and taking responsibility to see that the issue is fully resolved.
· Troubleshoot and fix crashes and hangs in applications that are developed using any of the our clients Technologies.
· Identify, confirm and escalate bugs in our client’s products reported by external developers.
· Provide appropriate alternate implementations/techniques to help developers workaround a confirmed bug in our client’s products
· Identify issues that occur frequently and help create a knowledge base article to solve/workaround that issue.
· Work on advisory issues to contribute directly to customer’s application/code base.
· Write samples or ‘how to’ prototypes to explain a particular technique/technology or Product.
· Communicate effectively with our client’s developer customers via telephone, written correspondence, and electronic services regarding technically complex information.
· Learn technologies and products supported by the team and continually improve personal knowledge and skills.
· Create advanced technical content including Our client Knowledge Base articles, samples, whitepapers, and training.
Qualifications, Abilities and Experience should include:
At least a 4 year degree(Engineer or an MCA) with Computer Science as one of the papers
Must have: VC++/Win32 and OS knowledge.
Good to have: Exposure to managed code (.Net and C#/VB.NET)
Experience of at-least 3 years in one of the technical environments mentioned above is desirable.
Critical Exposure areas;
1) Great troubleshooting and problem solving skills
2) Good imagination to come up with multiple approaches to the problem and use them quickly
3) This position has frequent contact with developer customers and Our client employees including managers, support professionals, customer account managers, and product development teams.
4) This position may be required to travel to a customer’s site under short notice and also requires 24x7 on-call availability for critical customer problems. [– this is extremely rare and probably will never happen – should we list it at all?]
5) Ability to learn from an issue/situation and adapt and carry forward the solution to another seemingly unrelated issue.
6) Solid understanding of the OS fundamentals, Threads & processes and DLLs & Libraries
7) Basic idea on developer tools like compilers, linkers, debuggers etc
The position requires working in EVENING / NIGHT SHIFTS and provides VOICE-BASED SUPPORT
If you feel, you are a good fit for the requirement; please send me the updated profile ASAP to firstname.lastname@example.org